cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I messed up I called foster and smith and the 55 gallon filter system I ordered is 13 1/2 inches wide. And I only have 13 inches of clearance between cross brace. cross brave is 2 inches would it hurt to cut a inch off?

ForumRunner_20130127_133621.jpg

ForumRunner_20130127_133628.jpg

1.026 is the natural specific gravity for a reef tank. If your FOWLR then 1.024-1.025 will be fine. I keep my salinity at 1.026 for over a year now with no issues.

I'm against using buffers of any sort unless absolutely necessary. You may be able to raise your pH with simple water movement and surface agitation.

Ok repositioned my powerhead more on the front glass then on the rock. I noticed its blowing my sand around from time to time. Not bad not clouding my tank up but I can see bits from time to time. Is this ok our do I need to reposition differently?

Hey apet66 you said over the phone heating a razor knife to cut part of the brace. I have a solder iron that has a xacto knife attachment for it :) just remembered that

Ok repositioned my powerhead more on the front glass then on the rock. I noticed its blowing my sand around from time to time. Not bad not clouding my tank up but I can see bits from time to time. Is this ok our do I need to reposition differently?

My sand blows around from time to time. It's nothing to be concerned about UNLESS it continues. It should settle down after the sand finds its place. If its moving it around in such a manner that's its creating a crater effect then I'd reposition it.

Should be ok. As long as its not clouding up your water.

Ok so I had water mixing with a pump for over 22 hours and it made my tank a little cloudy still. Is this common?

Yeah you could have stirred up some sand, how do you add the water? cup? hose? pitcher?

I use a pitcher for lie ice tea or something. I fill it and when I put into my tank i pour it on the top of hand first to disperse the water so it doesn't make such an impact.

Back
Top Bottom