Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drew vest6

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys... I have a pair of convicts, a Pleco, and a jack Dempsey that I am soon rehousing because he is becoming too big for the tank. Ever since I rescaped my tank, my water has never gotten completely clear. I really have no idea why, and could use a helping hint. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks-
Drew

If you stirred up a lot of...gunk or bio matter from the sand/gravel you could be having a bacterial bloom from the extra ammonia that was suddenly released. BB's go away on their own but can take a while (week or two sometimes). They will not hurt your tank.

If you stirred up a lot of...gunk or bio matter from the sand/gravel you could be having a bacterial bloom from the extra ammonia that was suddenly released. BB's go away on their own but can take a while (week or two sometimes). They will not hurt your tank.

Thank you! So should I still do my regular pwc's once to twice a week?

Yes! Just treat your tank like normal. If it is a BB (granted I can't be 100% sure on that) you probably had an ammonia spike too, which fish don't like, and your nitrAtes will need clearing out like always. As a side note, I would test you water to see where you are at with ammonia, nitrite, nitrates just to be on the safe side. Don't want your fish getting ammonia burn or nitrite poisoning.

Yes! Just treat your tank like normal. If it is a BB (granted I can't be 100% sure on that) you probably had an ammonia spike too, which fish don't like, and your nitrAtes will need clearing out like always. As a side note, I would test you water to see where you are at with ammonia, nitrite, nitrates just to be on the safe side. Don't want your fish getting ammonia burn or nitrite poisoning.

Thank you very much! May I ask what "BB" is?

Though most people use BB as beneficial bacteria, sorry that was probably confusing

[QyUOTE=venymae;2920746]Though most people use BB as beneficial bacteria, sorry that was probably confusing[/QUOTE]

oh you're good... In new to the hobby

Great! I hope you are having fun with it :) This is a great place to get advice and such. People are very nice, polite, and helpful. (the bad apples don't stay long :) )

Back
Top Bottom