clown and surgeon fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alua

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i'm a newbie , not much experience with fish (only the goldfish in our pond) and we are thnking of buying an aquarium i would like a pair of clownfish and surgeons how am i likely to get on with looking after them , i would be very upset if they die on me . I will read through the forum to get some tips but if anyone can give me some advice i would be gratefull
Thanks alua

Hi, and welcome to AA!

The short answer to your question is that there are very few tangs suitable for a tank 55 gallons and under. That being said, I will go from the assumption you are going to be getting a one hundred gallon tank or larger. If you were to get fish with two different body styles, such
as something from the zebrasomas species and then one such as a naso, you would do ok.

Welcome to AquariumAdivce.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
the best general advice I can give you is to research, research, research prior to begining or making any purchases. We have a great "Articles" section at the top of the page with lots of useful info on getting started. You should first decide what type of tank you intend to keep down the road (FOWLR, reef) and then narrow down a "must have" livestock list. Once you know this, you can settle on tank size, lighting and type of filtration. There is lots and lots to know before you get started. Keep researching and stopping by AA with your questions.

I agree with Lisa as the surgeonfish or tangs as we call them need to be in at least a 90- 100 gallon tank or larger. I also agree with Brian that you`ll need to research and decide what type tank you want. Any questions just ask.

Back
Top Bottom