Clown loach and corys.....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e burna

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29 gallon, peaceful tank. Here's my breakdown:

6 cory's
1 platy
6 neon's
4 rasbora tetras
1 pleco
1 clown loach

One of my cory's looks like it's had the living hell eaten out of its tail. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Clown loach??? I moved it to another tank, this happened very suddenly. The loach has been acting a bit more aggressive lately. Do I need to get rid of the loach? Is this common?

I'm not sure the type of pleco. It's a very common one. It was the cheapest one at the local fish store. $7.99. It is dark w/light"ish" coloring. It hides all the time. The clown loach is maybe 3 inches long.

$7.99 is alot to pay for a common pleco.. its probably a little more exotic than common unless of course you bought a rather big common pleco..

greenmagi said:
$7.99 is alot to pay for a common pleco.. its probably a little more exotic than common unless of course you bought a rather big common pleco..

It was expensive, but the fish store has buy 1 get one free fridays, and the clown loach was the same price, so I got them both for $7.99 It was the cheapest pleco there.

i agree with krap101...
clown loaches are by nature shoaling fish. a clown loach on its own behaves very unpredictably. it could become shy and reclusive or it could become aggressive. if the cory had allowed it, ie not moved away fast enough, the loach might have nibbled on its tail.
so u could add a few more smaller clowns...they grow real slow...and they never show the full range of their behavior alone.

Back
Top Bottom