Clown Loache Tank mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFingers

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Folks,

Wow its been awhile since I posted.

Anyway thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have a 55g tank, sand substrate, rocks plenty of hiding places and so on.

In the tank are now 5 C loaches (3 x 3inch + 2 x 4.5inch), 2 cories , 1 Angel (5inch) and a Plecty (7inch).

I am moving the angel out to another tank and I need a replacement. I am also contemplating moving the cories with the angel. The Loaches are starting to annoy the angel and I'm afraid she will get sick. So any thoughts? I need something for top/middle of the tank.

PH is neutral in the tank. Yeehaa for great water in Ireland! Also I recommend Guinness too.
:lol:
Thanks again

Hey there, yes, Guinness is nice :)

On the important fish front though, lol: you probably already know your group of 5 clowns will soon outgrow your 55G, so I won't say anything about moving them. As they get bigger, they should actually school across the middle layer of the water column as well as the bottom; they do move around a fair bit.
In terms of tankmates though, there's lots of options: how about a school of barbs or something? Cherry barbs, or one of the more peaceful species (i.e. not tiger barbs). I wouldn't foresee a problem with that myself, but others might have stories to tell.

I have 5 3"ers in a 90 long. Their tank mates are 6 dwarf gouramis, (3 pwd blu & 3 red)
9 neon tet's, 3 oto's, and a few platty's. They all get along great and I have fish at all levels af water. I am thinking some rasboras would also work real well. Clowns seem to get along with everyone as far as I can tell!! Good luck.

If they're available, try for some torpedo barbs. They get to around 5 to 6 inches, are active swimmers, and have striking colors to boot.

sentry fish like neons are suppose to make shy fish feel secure, it they see the neons are secure. note on cherry barbs, make sure you get more females than males. i have never seen males so persistant and harassive

Back
Top Bottom