Clown Loaches with Dwarf Blue Crayfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Was thinking of adding these guys but them was wondered if the snail loving Loaches would want to eat them!?!

Is this gonna be a delicious expensive snack?

Anybody have any ideas? They are very reasonably priced but don't want to kill them and waste money.

Clown Loaches are 3" and 6" and am planning on adding 4 more of varying size when I find some nice ones.

In this scenario I see someone getting eaten...
My money says clown loaches prevail ,but to quote my LFS;
"All 'lobsters' are scavenging predators that may eat what it catches".
The upside is both are supposedly 'nocturnal' so neither really has the advantage of the dark in pursuit of tasty treats...

My experience in this comes from fishing. I had about a dozen crayfish and 2 dozen fathead minnows in a 5 gallon bait bucket. The crays did catch and start to eat 8 of the minnows.

Your mileage may vary.

Thank you all so far, interesting perspectives and experiences.

These are Dwarf Blue Crayfish only get up to 2.5" And more close to mouth size for a large Clown Loach. I think the Dwarf crays would die before the Clown loaches got big enough to eat them.

While calling around to lfs for Clown Loaches I was told there was a pair they just got in which were over a foot long for $110 - not in my budget but reminds me of what size they can get! :) Some one here had a tank of them too and lived nearby so I got to see them play and it was a really fun thing to watch them all together!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom