Clown Pleco Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samt1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I added a couple of Clown Pleco's to my 20 gallon tank on Sunday, and I'm pretty sure one of them has died already :(
Not seen much of them which I was expecting, but noticed on of them laying on the bottom yesterday evening, hardly moving if anything, even when I fed them, nothing. Added some cucumber last night and checked this morning and he hasn't moved, no colour at all and when I went to try and move it with the net to make sure nothing at all!

I checked my water again just to make sure all was ok and it read:
Amonia: 0.25
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0 - 5

So think that's all good, god knows what has happened, I'm assuming the other one is still alive under a piece of wood or something as I can't find him.
Will call the shop and see what they say, gonna have to try and get it back to them, got a 48 hour guarantee with them which would of been last night it ran out.

Spoke to the shop and they said to go in with sample of the water and the fish (not in water they said) and they will check out the water and replace it, but think I might leave it a while and see how the other guy gets on and just get my money back on it.

Last edited:
Took the poor fish back this afternoon along with a water sample, they tested my water ( i had done as well) and they were happy so gave me a refund. Didn't want a replacement, going to leave it now and let the current stock carry on developing, have no about 5 baby ones in there which are living in the plants so see if they survive :)

Back
Top Bottom