Clown pleco opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tadpole1567

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a very tiny clown pleco and was wondering averyones opinions on these guys and see yalls progress with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah hes been hiding ina cave thing since i got him lol. And ive got some dw soaking right now.

I'd have to disagree I see mine daily and always come out for food during feeding time, once they reach max size and get use to the tank and tank mates they can be pretty active or at least mine. But they aren't as active as commons or larger plecos.

I also think having similar sized fish and nothing too big would helps out.

It seems to be hit or miss on their personality. Some people see theirs quite often, some rarely see them. The most common experience is that they hide constantly and don't come out to munch until the lights go out. They do stay very small and are efficient algae eaters.

I almost never see mine. The most I see is a glimpse of his tail when he happens to wiggle by a hole in the wood. His tank mates are pretty mellow and near his size and he his hardly visible.

If any, make sure hiding places are large enough for him to fit in. Bottom dwellers will try to squeeze into small holes and caves, hurting themselves. They also poop a lot, have good filter/many water changes.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Make lots of caves for him and slowly shuffle them around until you have him comfortable in one certain cave, every wc slowly create a viewing window on his fav cave and reinforce placement with food and you'll have this in a month or 2..my super shy leopard frog pleco..I didn't see him for a long time.. one day after much coaxing he was here.. all the time;) except when he's hiding. . Not nearly as much as he used to.. I see him every day now.. pretty cool considering his $75 price tag

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1401242249700.jpg
    1401242249700.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 1401242265008.jpg
    1401242265008.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 63
At first he was hiding alot but im seeing him more often now. Ive got plenty of hiding places for him. Guess he was just adjusting. How big will he get?

And brookster i love your pleco. Very unique looking :) i only paid around five bucks for my clown pleco.

You did very well! I'm a sucker for shiny things I guess;) I think clowns only get 5" or so.. I could be wrong though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That aint to bad then. He will be around the same size as my albino bristlenose i think. They are same size right now.

Back
Top Bottom