clownfish & Anemone Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozzyleeds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have two clown fisn and they wont go near my anemone, What can i do to help this??

nothing really. Not all clownfish will host an anemone and it also depends on the type of anemone and type of clownfish.

It can take anywhere from instantaneously to a couple years. Don't be in such a rush :) .

What kind of clownfish and what kind of anemone?

Just curious, what are the tank specs? (how long setup, water params, lighting, etc.)

i have two Ocellaris Clownfish 1 black and white and 1 orange. and its a Bubble Tip Anemone. my tank is about 110l and i have t5 lighting...

I have 2 Ocellaris in my tank and what i think is a bubble tip and everyone has just told me not to be in a rush. it can take months even years. Iv also been told that Ocellaris clowns wont be as likely to host an anemone, but its still possible. how big is your anemone in size?

Ocellaris clowns will host bta's, it can just take time since btas aren't their natural host.

The Ocellaris + bta combo is very popular and I don't think I've come by anyone that hasn't had the O. clowns eventually host the bta.

Just to add one thing. It could go from instantly to a couple of years to never. Lisa was very right when she said that it might not happen. I had to get rid of mine as my two clowns ignored the BTA and hosted other corals. Hopefully they will but there is no guarantee.

Back
Top Bottom