clownfish changing color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skae310

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I have a ocellaris clown that changed color drastically over the last 2 weeks. Its housed with another ocellaris (black) and was wondering if I should be worried at all, or if the change is due to maturing/trying to fit in. I have a picture attached. Its the 2nd day I had him and today. The color in the picture looks dull however it looks healthy in person, just a lot darker.

I got the clowns a little more than a month ago so they were both very young at the time. As of now the black one is showing signs of becoming the female/already is. Tank parameters are normal.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-11-29 at 4.33.31 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-11-29 at 4.33.31 PM.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 185
mine changes color from lights off / lights on :T

but also, when my tank nearly crashed, my very yellow clarkii became darker ): and has never changed back :/ sorry cant help

its not a light on/light off change. his new color remains consistant regardless. I did leave for a weekend and the lights were out of whack when i got back. as in the timers broke. but I doubt that couldve changed him that drastically. plus it happened over time.

Back
Top Bottom