Clownfish hates my mushroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

944speeder

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a occe. Clownfish pair, and the female has been quite annoying lately, she will completely bury a mushroom coral no matter where in the tank I place it, if she can see the blue of it she starts tossing sand and corals everywhere until the mushroom is buried, has anyone else had similar issues?

Sorry, but that is hilarious! I have never seen that. I have a maroon clown that is indifferent about all my corals except for one that hangs off a rock, he likes to camp out under it. That's his spot.

Does your fish have an anemone? Or some rock or object she likes to host?

Yeah I have a green leather coral they host, but I have a dozen or so blue mushrooms but my clown singles this one out of them, she goes and even gets a really close look at the mushroom before she buries it to haha and if I flip the mushroom over she will instantly go and bury it again!

maybe there is something up with the coral? She has found a way to entertain herself for sure. I would just let her do her thing and see if she gives up. I don't think the coral will stay buried.

Fish do have personalities!;)

Back
Top Bottom