Clownfish Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just started adding fish 2 weeks ago. My first fish were a watermelon goby and a tomato clown. Yesterday I added a platinum clown. The tomato started picking on him and chasing him around the tank almost as soon as I put him in. I separated the tomato from the rest of tank. Is there any way that I can put the two back together? Can two different clowns get along in the same tank?

I know that the platinum clown is a rare type of percula clown, so would it be better if I exchanged the tomato for another percula?

Unless you have a really large tank it is not advisable to mix clowns. You will have better luck with 2 perculas and letting them pair up.

It's a 55 gallon. The platinum is medium size. About 2 maybe 2 1/2 inches. The tomato is a little bigger.

It may be to later to throw another platium in there It ptolly will fit with any clown no matter what. But one of tge clowns will clowns.will have go. If you want a pair I would try to buy them alrdy paired.

Tomato clowns are really aggressive, I don't think it's goin to get along with any other type of clown. And they get pretty big. I would decide which kind of clown you want and take the other one back.

Yea, It looks like that's what I'm going to have to do. Thanks for the advise.

Back
Top Bottom