Clownfish tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuburg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,

Just started up my first tank, got a clownfish 3 days ago, appears to be doing well, eating, enjoying swimming, etc. I'm curious b/c I've read lots of different stuff about feeding. Should I feed my fish with something other than the flake food now and then, such as frozen items or vegetable type stuff?

Thanks for the help!

My clowns are hogs. I feed them everyday a frozen food blend of Formula 1, Formula 2, Mysis Shrimp, and Plankton. They're big and fat and happy and always wanting more...

I feed mine different food every three days, Formula 1, Formula 2, and Mysis Shrimp. My tomatoe clown and occerellis go crazy when I feed them. They really like Mysis Shrimp, so I would try some of that.

mine love flakes, and i have been trying to get him on the mysis shrimp. he likes it but love the flake food more.

Mine love pellets! So much that they gourge themselves on it!!! (you can tell when their little bellies are stuffed!!!) It was also suggested to me to feed them frozen peas "to get things moving" and they LOVE them too! They really seem to be easy to please! (although they are more than ready to eat every day, I've been going with feeding them every other day so they don't overindulge themselves and have trouble swimming!)

My Maroon clown fish will only eat brine shrimp. Just try a variety and the rest will be ok. If you plane to ad any more clowns be careful the can become quite territorial. 0X

Back
Top Bottom