Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lobot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My family noticed that my clown was lying on the sand bed. He is breathing heavily and will only swim when disturbed. He does have a slight discoloration on his back fin but other than that he has no markings or cysts. Im currently doing a water change which is probably long over due. I fear it might be brooklynella.

Attachments

• 1413681708466.jpg
    1413681708466.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 1413681750292.jpg
    1413681750292.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 72
Fish won't get sick if parameters are in check and they aren't stressed. If a water change was long over due, then it is most likely parameters raising to a level that was harmful to the fish and then it got sick.

It has been about 2 and a half weeks since the last water change. The tank is 7 months cycled and i have had him for 5 months. I have had no new additions to the tank so it has to have been caused by stress. The parameters after at 12 gallon water change the 55g.
Salinity-32
Temp-76.6
Ammonia-.1 higher than normal
Trite-0
Trate-0
pH-8.2

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have any detectable ammonia, that is a problem. Either you have a toxin in your tank that is poisoning your clownfish or you didn't test accurately.

I know I will get yelled at but i have API so ya ammonia noticeable is a problem

Ok i have just seen the reputation that they have earned and it is never good things. Well ill follow this water change up with a couple more over the next few days

API test kits are just fine for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. It is what I use.

Agreed

Ok i have just seen the reputation that they have earned and it is never good things. Well ill follow this water change up with a couple more over the next few days

That's the thing, they are soo commonly used that any negative feedback is easier to find since their distribution is higher.

It's the same way with IO salt, it's a great product but soo many people use it that it's gotten a fair number of bad reviews just like any other product will. That number of bad reviews when compared to the number of people that use it is really miniscule.

Ok well thank you both.

Well he didnt survive 2 hours through the night.

Back
Top Bottom