Clowns Have Black Spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just notice my two clowns are getting black spots between there first and second strips is this normal or are they getting stung by something. I have no anemone only a Small Xenia Frag and a Frog Spawn Frag and a few Zoo's and Polyps... Just wondering could they just be getting larger I've had them Since Sept 08 I believe.:confused:

Probably the frogspawn.

Make sure you take pictures every month or so. That way you can look back and see the growth. It's hard to see it when you look at your tank on a daily basis. But going back and looking at pictures... you can really see the difference.

Will do! Weird The frogspawn is on the other side of the tank. They have been on the opposite side hosting whatever spot they're hosting...LOL.. But I am work most of the day so who knows...

Mine developed so black spots after hosting in some zoos for a couple weeks. It eventually left the zoos and after a number of months the spots faded. HTH

Happy Reefing!

I don't see them hosting anything to fast I just put those new coral in on Saturday so it's only been 5 days. unless this can happen alot sooner.

They don't necessarily have to host in the coral to get stung. My clown has never adopted anything, except for the left rear corner of the tank! Even with bubbles and torches, it never actively swam around in them. But it still managed to occassionaly get stung.

Back
Top Bottom