Clowns in the Hammer: We Don't need no stinking anemone(PIC)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteCloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have noticed an interesting thing with my 2 new Aquacultured Percula Clown Fish that I have had for 2 weeks. They don't need no stinking anemone! They have Host Hammer Coral. I have only noticed this at night, hence the bad picture.

I thought it interesting that the clowns would take a host of anything, since they are aquacultured and have not known any true danger as they would experience on the reef. I have a Xenia growing like a weed in the tank...I would think the clowns would consider taking to that first, but apparently they like the hammer coral better.

Anyway...it is 3AM...and I thought it was cool tonight...I hope I still think it is cool in the morning.

Whitecloud

P.S. I think "Clowns in the Hammer" would be a great name for Rock Group. Again...3AM...must...get...sleep!

Attachments

• clowns_in_the_hammer_164.jpg
    clowns_in_the_hammer_164.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 44
Yeah just make sure it doesnt stress the coral to death. I had clowns host in a gonipora. After a while it came down with brown jelly where they kept diving into. It was sad cuz I had it for a while. Just wacth over it.

My clown hosts to my frogspawn and my toadstool. That hammer needs to grow some more though :)

Back
Top Bottom