Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 FOWLR. I had a pair of O. Clowns but one of them suddenly died. I don't know why. Water parameters are all good, he seemed totally fine one day then the next dead.

Anyway, I want to replace him. Can I add another O. Clown? Can I add another type of clown like a tomato or a maroon?

Before you add anything i would try to figure out why he died..was he eating? what else do u have in your tank? Im not sure how mixing a tomoato or maroon will work out since they are more aggressive than the O. clowns. I know u could add a black clown in with the orange.

If you want another clown, you need to make sure its close to the same size as the one you have now, otherwise they will fight

gpd605x said:
If you want another clown, you need to make sure its close to the same size as the one you have now, otherwise they will fight

Im sorry, but this advice is the exact opposite of the truth. If you have a large clown buy a second one that is much smaller then the one you currently have. This will reduce agression because they wont have to fight to determine their sexes

Back
Top Bottom