Clump of weird yellow eggs? Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

User0042

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I woke up this morning to find a clump of weird yellow eggs in my aquarium attached to the sponge filter intake..... Anyone know what they are

I have RCS and glass cats and a bit of a pond snail problem (snuck in on some plants).

I don't think RCS lay their eggs, they keep them in their bellies until they hatch. Pond snails lay them in jelly-like stuff. If it's a big glob with eggs in them, they're snails. If they look like individual eggs, it might actually be the cats.

I don't think RCS lay their eggs, they keep them in their bellies until they hatch. Pond snails lay them in jelly-like stuff. If it's a big glob with eggs in them, they're snails. If they look like individual eggs, it might actually be the cats.

Yes you are correct they won't "lay" them but a young female may drop them due to lack of experience. They will also drop them if stressed by poor water conditions or being spooked by a predator.

Back
Top Bottom