CO2 Atomizer - Is It Good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manix

Aquarium Advice Activist
timthumbphpkn.jpg

Is anyone using the Intense Bazooka Co2 Atomizer diffuser? And how do you like it? I have a 40 gallon with pressurized CO2. What size is good for my tank? It comes in 45mm, 50mm, 55mm, 60mm, and 65mm for $12.99

How does it compare to Green Leaf?

Well, it looks like it's atomizing well, but I can't see the whole stream of bubbles.... if they're reaching the surface, you're wasting CO2.

Can I use the regular co2 tubing for glass diffusers? Or does it require a different size tubing?

Manix said:
Can I use the regular co2 tubing for glass diffusers? Or does it require a different size tubing?

Im sure that it uses regular sized tubing.

I use a gla inline atomizer and swear by it. But like most things you'll get what you pay for.

Any diffuser that's cO2 escape into they air is a waste of cO2. Using as reactor like (Max mix 1/2) or (sera 500 1/4) is a better investment, 100% diffusion. Plus it one less thing in your aquarium. They tube one that your want, i think it need 30 psi to function. It high grade material that will make very fine mist.

Problem being, for me anyways, no longer running a canister. When I was, I was using a DIY reactor made from 2"PVC, and yah, nothing ever got to the tank.

But time and tides changes all things. Canister has died, along with much of my bank account, so will have to try and make do.

Any diffuser that's cO2 escape into they air is a waste of cO2. Using as reactor like (Max mix 1/2) or (sera 500 1/4) is a better investment, 100% diffusion. Plus it one less thing in your aquarium. They tube one that your want, i think it need 30 psi to function. It high grade material that will make very fine mist.

edited

Nevermind. Found out it need a canister filter.

I have HOB.

How exactly does it work? Do I hook up the tube from my regulator to the reactor? Just like I would with the diffuser?

I just happen to be investigating this myself. Gonna dive into pressurized CO2 here in the very near future, so I've been doing a bunch of homework.

Go to YouTube and search "DIY CO2 reactor" & "DIY CO2 diffuser"..... there are tons of different designs that some pretty ingenious people have come up with. I had thought about an inline diffuser with my canister, but I'm really hesitant to put an extra load on it that it was not designed for. I know many people do it with no problems, but that's just me. I'm looking into a seperate unit either in-tank driven by a power-head (simplest, but unsightly), or external driven by a small water pump.
So far, I'm leaning toward an external "Cerges' reactor" driven by water pump. Google it, as I'm unsure if I'm allowed to post a link to another forum.... still a noob around here (some forums don't care, some are really anal).

I just happen to be investigating this myself. Gonna dive into pressurized CO2 here in the very near future, so I've been doing a bunch of homework.

Go to YouTube and search "DIY CO2 reactor" & "DIY CO2 diffuser"..... there are tons of different designs that some pretty ingenious people have come up with. I had thought about an inline diffuser with my canister, but I'm really hesitant to put an extra load on it that it was not designed for. I know many people do it with no problems, but that's just me. I'm looking into a seperate unit either in-tank driven by a power-head (simplest, but unsightly), or external driven by a small water pump.
So far, I'm leaning toward an external "Cerges' reactor" driven by water pump. Google it, as I'm unsure if I'm allowed to post a link to another forum.... still a noob around here (some forums don't care, some are really anal).

I just got the Archaea Regulator Pro single gauge running on a 20oz paintball tank. Planning to buy a 2.5lb or 5lb tank soon. So the reactor is out of the question and so is DIY.

I ended up buying 60mm atomizer. It will arrive in a couple days.

Can't wait to try it out.:ROFLMAO:

Let us know how you like your new diffuser. I, too, am interested in this topic.
I have done some minor research here on these forums, YouTube, google, fish catalogs.
I bought a regulator with solenoid, tubing, check valve and bubble counter.

I need a diffuser and am interested in the options available, along with recommendations.

I am not cost sensitive, since this is a relatively inexpensive piece of equipment.
Therefore, I am willing to pay more if (!) there is a true difference without undue consideration.

Good luck with yours!

Let us know how you like your new diffuser. I, too, am interested in this topic.
I have done some minor research here on these forums, YouTube, google, fish catalogs.
I bought a regulator with solenoid, tubing, check valve and bubble counter.

I need a diffuser and am interested in the options available, along with recommendations.

I am not cost sensitive, since this is a relatively inexpensive piece of equipment.
Therefore, I am willing to pay more if (!) there is a true difference without undue consideration.

Good luck with yours!

I ended up getting the Green Leaf Aquarium atomizer 60mm because I read a lot of good reviews. I'm sure other brand atomizers are the same or very similar. If you want ADA products they have one too. I ordered from GLA because my friend needed something from them and a lot of people love their customer service. If you need any questions answered you can always email Orlando from GLA and he will get back to you ASAP. I emailed him twice and each time he got back to me within 30 minutes.

The atomizer sends out tiny mist as advertised. The CO2 doesn't go straight up to the surface, so that's a great thing. No large CO2 bubbles at all. I am running it 2bps and the mist is covering half the tank. I think this is because I am running 2 HOB filters on each side. I'm sure if I run only 1 HOB the mist will be covering the entire tank. I really need to save up money for a canister filter.

I don't think my CO2 indicator will work because it's on the side the CO2 can't reach. So I'll do it the old school method and monitor my fishes gasping at the surface.

If you don't mind having your tank full of mist and have somewhat of a foggy look, then it's a good investment. If you have a canister filter go with the in-line atomizer. One thing to remember is if you get the in the tank atomizer make sure to soak it in fresh water for 24hrs. This is to get rid of any dust trapped inside. It is recommended by Orlando from GLA.

Make sure you are using CO2 resistant tubing. A lot of people have theirs blown out or leak CO2 because it isn't rated for it.

Your drop check should still mostly work. The bubbles only show where the gaseous co2 is. The gas actually in the water will move where the water goes.

aqua_chem said:
Your drop check should still mostly work. The bubbles only show where the gaseous co2 is. The gas actually in the water will move where the water goes.

Oh okay. Then I better check it when I get home.

Thanks.

Manix said:
I just got the Archaea Regulator Pro single gauge running on a 20oz paintball tank. Planning to buy a 2.5lb or 5lb tank soon. So the reactor is out of the question and so is DIY.

That what i have, it really great. The 20 oz don't last that long the first time i used it (2 months ). I really like the ph regulator . You still need a drop check to see if its well adjusted do. I will have the max micro 500 and the sera c02 reactor soon, so in next week, there gona be a Max vs Sera thread.

That what i have, it really great. The 20 oz don't last that long the first time i used it (2 months ). I really like the ph regulator . You still need a drop check to see if its well adjusted do. I will have the max micro 500 and the sera c02 reactor soon, so in next week, there gona be a Max vs Sera thread.

Did you do the switch to a 5lb tank? I'm looking for good deals on one.

I have the Ista CO2 indicator. Doing adjustments to get the CO2 injection correct amount.

I'll be paying close attention to your Max vs Sera thread. I'm thinking of starting a second tank in a few months.

No swish. I have they Milwaukee set right now.

And the c02 drop check can be put anywhere. I think the right results take 2 hours.

Back
Top Bottom