CO2 for a 5ft tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium_Lover04

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Juwel Vision 450 tank which is 5ft long, 2 foot high and at its widest point, 2ft wide. It holds about 450Litres(110 gallons). I have numerous plant species and fish(including discus). Other info can be found in my thread(linked in signature).
I dose excel as my 'carbon source' although I have been looking over running costs for the next 3 years and it is A LOT of money!! I was considering going for a CO2 system although I haven't got very good advice from my LFS. It is a big tank so a decent system would be needed, and at least 2 diffusers on either sides of the tank. I know it will have a high initial cost, although my LFS does refill for a reasonable price.
This would be my first CO2 system so I am not quite sure where to start. Any advice on good products for this size tank? Also, I keep my pH at 6.4 although the tap water is at about 7.2. How can I introduce CO2 without shocking the fish?(might be thinking too far ahead, but it could wipe out a tank full of $400 worth of fish)
Any help is greatly appreciated!!

I read the title of your post, and the first thing that popped into my head before reading any of it was "anything but Excel" :cool:

Before suggesting anything to you, I have to ask: what kind of a budget are you thinking for this? Like many things in aquariums, this can be done 'ok' for $ or be done well for $$$.

I read the title of your post, and the first thing that popped into my head before reading any of it was "anything but Excel" :cool:

Before suggesting anything to you, I have to ask: what kind of a budget are you thinking for this? Like many things in aquariums, this can be done 'ok' for $ or be done well for $$$.

I don't mind spending $$$ if it is gonna be done well, its pretty much a big initial cost with a low running cost. Obviously if costs can be cut somehow its a bonus, but I dont want any issues with cheaply bought plastic equipment ect.

Back
Top Bottom