Co2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigQFan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello.
I was recently in my LFS and saw an all in one co2 system rated for a 45 gallon tank for only $50(I forget the brand name). They sell the 3 packs of replacement cartridges as well.
My question is, my biggest tank is a 29 tall. Will this be too much for my tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was never a fan of the replacement cartridges. In the long run they cost way way way more than a true CO2 tank.

If the CO2 system is adjustable, then it should be fine to use. A brand name would help us give you recommendations though.

Well, I know it wasn't a brand I am familiar with. Def not Fluval. I seem to think it was called Water something. I'll stop in again today and check

Buying cheap small canister systems will cost you far more in the long run than buying a refillable canister system (about 1 litre capacity).
If you decide on a good refillable system make sure you find a local supplier who can refill them before splashing out.
My canister on my 60g lasts about 2-3 months and costs about $5 to refill.

I appreciate the input. I've had some financial setbacks since I posted this so now I have even less $$ to play with. I think I'm gonna go with a DIY system until I can pony up the dough for a real system

Back
Top Bottom