Coco Worm Meal for Anemone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MKFMedic

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I wake up this morning and see something protruding from my Bubble Tip Coral. For the life of me, I can't figure out what it is, so I start taking inventory of my fish. All present and accounted for so no fish tragedy.

I come back a little later and find part of what ever it is being consumed by my plate coral. It must be something tasty. Whatever was being consumed, started the length of my Fire Fish, but my Fire Fish is still in his hole. I have no idea what this thing could be.

Just before sitting down in front of my computer, I see my Green BTA making a quick meal of the last remaining inch to inch and a half of this mystery thing. It must be tasty, because three of my corals have made a meal of this thing. Then it hits me, I look at my coco worm and its gone, tube is empty and I imagine was the meal of the day.

I guess on the positive side I had the opportunity to witness, a plate coral, a bubble tip and anemone all consume a meal!

That poor guy. He lost his feather crown about a month ago and was growing back a really nice new one, but some on this forum have said that they are very sensitive? I know they can lose their crowns when stressed, but I never realized that it would leave the safety of hits tube???? I have been feeding it phytoplankton, but now I am wondering if it was enough.

So know I'm wondering what happened to the coco worm? I did a water change yesterday, about 15% volume and the weekly tank maintenance. Once I realized it was my coco worm I did a quick test to check water parameters:

nitrite 0
nitrate 0
pH 8.23
ammonia 0

Any thoughts on why my coco worm would abandon it's tube? Any other concerns from those with a similar experience, something I should be checking?

Thanks,

Mike

One of my dusters did the same thing it left its tube and it started a new tube and it got beautifull. Im thingking yours was going to do the same but did not make the distance. Coral got him while he was looking for a new home.

Back
Top Bottom