Coincidence or luck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkullAngel

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay so I had this container which before I used to hatch brine shrimp. Two days ago I decided to restart my brine shrimp breeding project. I used a different container to to hatch them this time. However, the container I used before had some eggs stuck to the bottom that I didn't notice before. I used that to grow some kind of algae for the brine shrimp. All I did to that container was add tap water, freshwater from the faucet(I did not use any water conditioner). Then placed an air tube in it and a light. Algae was growing like I planned, but I noticed brine shrimp eggs in the algae. Yesterday I noticed something swimming in it. And it looked to me like brine shrimp. How can they hatch in unconditioned fresh tap water?!?!?
All the eggs where from the same tube I bought a long time ago

I got it straight from the sink and I live in an apartment so....not sure

And the only thing I added was the tap water, I swished my magnet cleaner to put in some algae and these rocks I got at the beach a couple months before that I thoroughly washed cuz I used some to decorate my freshwater tank. Could it be the rocks?

Video

So I set another container up last night the same way and brine shrimp hatched

Back
Top Bottom