Cole's Rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I stopped in my lfs and didn't see any cool looking short reds. Maybe I'll go with something medium sized, maybe an all red stem that I keep trimmed. Not certain really, if any of you know of a super red rosette plant let me know that would be the ideal I can't remember but I think I saw one in the 'Arizona' aquascape by findley and the green machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I actually just went and looked and think they're mostly stem plants so we'll just have to see what I find 0.o, and that's a dangerous game friends...

Just to let you know so you can start usin the pps right away you will need a digital gram scale and distilled water. I got my scale off ebay for less than 5 bucks. It has a 100 gram max which is perfect. Most of the measurements you have to make are around 30 grams or so.

Everything should be balanced, but preferably co2 should be unlimited (more than plants will ever use, ~30ppm unless you have shrimp), and so should fertilizer (as long as it doesn't harm fauna, and phosphate should stay around 3-5).

Thats what I've heard.

I have several ammano shrimp so what concentration of co2 would actually be harmful to them

Wow. With the addition of new plants my tank is looking ?!

I also bought a new diffuser and it works really well

I've been doing daily 5g water changes the last 3 days in an effort to buffer my ph back up and remove any residual ammonia, scrubbing glass every day it seems to fight off the algae off.

Water is a bit lowand the glass is speckled because I was working in there earlier, but figured I'd throw up some updated photos anyway, really liking how it's growing in.

Thanks man, I got lucky and found it at one of my lfs.

It's been a minute since I've posted anything and unfortunately it's not good news this time. Tank is completely being overrun by brown algae and I have no clue where to start making adjustments to slow or even stop growth.

I dialed my lights back an hour down to 7 hours and that seemed to help for a while but now it's back in full force. Using pps pro at recommended dosage and amounts of each fert. CO2 is at about 3 bps for 8 hours and lighting is two sat+ units.

Sorry to hear about that.
How long were the lights on previously?
What are the params, primarily phosphate and nitrate?

I actually don't have a phosphate test, was going to head over and buy a couple things today that being one of them

Sure it's not just diatoms?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have no clue what it is I just know it quickly covers the glass and is covering my plants and is unsightly.

Try to look up how to treat it with hydrogen peroxide on YouTube. That worked for me. And a ton of water changes. I did 50 percent water changes weekly. Also, dosing with flourish excel on the affected spots will kill it in an hour or so and then you can brush it off. For really bad spots you can get an electric tooth brush and waterproof it and use that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The only phosphate test they had was like almost $40 at my lfs so I'm going to have to take a sample back to them to test. I guess in the meantime I'm patiently scrubbing it away

Back
Top Bottom