Colt Coral seems very blah...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently got a colt coral frag for my tank, in the store it was nice and open about 2" tall and a light pinkish colour to it, I brought it home placed it in a medium flow area of my tank and it was doing great, opened up right away and was open for most of the day everyday.

Now I check my levels and the tank is stable but for some reason the coral seems to have shrunken down and is all droopy, almost more of a grey colour to it..

I do a PWC every week and have it under HOT5's but only a 2 bulb fixture at the moment, all my other coral in the tank is doing great (GSP, Xenia, Kenya, Mushrooms, Zoas, Toad Stool, Leather)

I dose Kent Tech 1 once a week (slow release Iodine) as I know the Xenia is prone to suck it out of the water and other softies and inverts tend to use it as well.

Any ideas on whats up?

If you are doing weekly PWC`s then you dont need any more iodine. Never dose anything you cant test for. Over dosing Iodine could be probably a good cause. As big as my coral load is in my tank weekly PWC`s is more than enough. Can you post your water test results?

Calcium: 400ppm
Alkalinity: 8dkh
Magnesium: 1200ppm
N03: 0-.02ppm w/Salifert
P04: Undectible w/Hanna meter

Only reason I use the Tech-1 is its a slow release Iodine and I dont do very big changes at all. Maybe 5gal on the tank tops, that being said I have used the Tech-1 for 6 months now and had nothing but success with Xenia and GSP since I started to dose 1 cap per week, before that neither the Xenia or GSP were growing at all.

Been 2 days I moved it closer to the top of the tank still in a medium-high flow area and no change with it, its grey and all sucked together

Back
Top Bottom