Comet goldfish needs fish expert!! Please! Red round lesion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Curtissimo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
with the middle part looking almost whitish like a pimple. It is located above the flipper fin and behind the gill. He seems to be unaffected, but it looks more noticable now. Can anyone help?

Last night something was sticking out of the middle about 2 mm long. I took the Comet out with my hand and rubbed it off with a cotton swab and then added h2o2 and tossed him back in. It looks better, but I hope it goes away...

Its back! Fish experts, please help!!

Its gotten worse again! There's definitely something whitish protruding out of the peak of the red "pimple". Can anyone please diagnose this?:(

There now is another lesion adjacent to the caudal fin with a central translucent, worm-like projection that seemed to pop recently. The other lesion healed near the gill and is now coming back. Please help!

Hi Curtissimo,

Sorry it took so long for a response, however, I was hoping that a someone with more knowledge of goldfish diseases would answer.

I wouldn't want to mis-diagnose anything, but what I can do is suggest this site.
Fish Doc http://www.fishdoc.co.uk/disease/diseasehome.htm
They seem to specialize in Koi and goldfish.
The Clinical signs of Fish Disease page, seems like a good start.
http://www.fishdoc.co.uk/disease/clinicalsigns.htm

Good luck, and please keep us informed.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Targaboy. I was wondering if this site was going dead! I'll check them out. I too am a Porsche man. I like the 1980's 911sc coupe. One day I'll get one and put a monster twin turbo inside. Take care!

I was wondering if this site was going dead!

We are far from going dead. But we could use all the members that are willing to join. The problem is that no one person can be knowledgable on every aspect of aquarium keeping. Some posts can require rather specific knowledge. From what I understand gold fish are unique in that they have their own diseases thus those who are not fimular with gold fish wont be of much help.

Posting something like "I don't know anything about goldfish so I can't answer" doesn't help. That's why a post can go unanswered for days. If you're looking for someone to do an internet search for you, sift through all the results, then post here some info that was gleaned, maybe your expectations are too high.
You might try posting to several messsage boards to see if there is someone who can help. Blasting our board because we can't (or haven't) helped isn't productive and doesn't help your fish either.
I'm hoping you got the info you needed somewhere and are willing to post what you found here so we can be educated. We're not doctors or scientists, just a bunch of hobbyists who put a board together so we can help IF we can.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom