Common goldfish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had this common goldfish for a little while now but I am running into a problem. I have a 20 gallon or possible 37 gallon tank if I take my friends and I want to do a live plant setup. Right now I have Spade (the common goldfish) in a 5 gallon tank (I know it's too small for him), and I don't know what to do. I feel bad for him because I know he should be in a bigger tank, but I want to have more fish in the bigger one. If I give him to a pet store I know they'll probably put him in the feeder tank, and I don't want that to happen. what can I do for him?

You can put him in the bigger one and maybe get some cory catfish or a small species of pleco or some shrimp with him if it was 37 gal u could get another goldfish. You can also find someone who has a tank and will take good care of him. Someone on here might even do it.

You could try posting him on craigslist or a local site as "free to good pond".

I would like to find him a good home. I want to put a decent amount of fish in the bigger tank. I don't want to over stock it by any means, but I do want to have some life in there. If I put him in the 20 gallon that would basically be all I can put in there right?

Yes. Properly filtered and maintained you could push it, but that leads to trouble longer term. The other issue is that goldfish eat plants pretty voraciously from what I've seen.

I really don't want em to be food. I need to find someone to take him. I feel horrible having him in the 5 gallon right now

Back
Top Bottom