Common/Goldspot/Sailfin or what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozmo

Aquarium Advice Activist
What am I?

image-2330559063.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know but I'd be interested to know seeing as mine is just about identical to yours. Your plecos coloring is a little more pronounced but still. Guess that didn't help you sorry!

In my opinion I would have to say gold spot, the fin is not big enough to be a sail fin and also it doesn't look like a thing close to being a common. I attached a picture of mine so you could see what my sail fin looks like.

Yea I'm actually gonna vote against gold spot. Heres two photos of them, one as a juvenile (mine) and the other was close to a foot long at a LFS.

Attachments

• image-2637143893.jpg
    image-2637143893.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 96
  • image-2039811481.jpg
    image-2039811481.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 111
absolutangel04 said:
Ah, I didn't realize they had those gold fin edges.

Haha no worries. If it weren't for the fact that I had one, I probably wouldn't have known either.

That said, I still don't really know what kind of pleco that is lol.

The two yellow ones are an L018 (first) and an L014 (second).

Snow Kings could possibly have white.

Sailfins have less rays (lines on the top fin)I think they have 8. His has more than ten.

I tried.... :-( it's cool no matter what.

I know! I am just trying to help. An idea is better than nothing though! I just put ther second post for everyone's information

I know a lot of useless pleco info lol

User said:
I am almost 100% positive that is an L001 Pleco. Therefore it is none of the names given. It has no common name other than L002 or L022

I would have to agree that it is either an L001 or L022 but definitely not an L002.

There is an almost exact photo of an L001/L022 on Planetcatfish.com within their Cat-eLog.

Thanks User. At least I now have a good idea of it's origins etc.

Cheers,
ozmo

No problem. Glad I could help. Nice pleco btw! I havent seen one of those before

Back
Top Bottom