Companions for a 14" snowflake eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RayReefer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a snowflake eel that is about 1 year old and has been alone his whole life, I would like to add a fish to his tank as a companion. What can I add that he won't find an expensive treat to eat??

ReeferRay87

I'll suggest a dwarf fuzzy Lionfish. These are messy though, so you need to over filtrate and skim

I kept mine with a red lion fish. They got along fine and it's one more lion fish not destroying a reef. The only fish I know of that should have no limits on collection or harvesting for food.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

actually just about any fish that is too big for the eel to eat will work.
eels are generally docile, especially snowflakes, except when it comes to eating.....LOL

mine lives with bigger clowns, purple tangs, small angelfish and some damsels. for your size tank a dwarf angelfish, dwarf lionfish or big size clowns would probable be fine.

Anything he can't get in his mouth is safe. Anything he might catch would be suicidal or sick. They can smell, but have rotten far vision. They are a blast. Keep a tight lid on as they are powerful jumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom