compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i currently have:
-swordtails
-silvertip tetras
-guppies
- gold dust mollies
- pearl gouramis
-kuhli loaches
-1 long fin BN pleco
- 1 nerite snail

i want to get some neon tetras... can they all coexist?

its a 60g Hex

the actual #s dont matter because i have PLENTY of filtration and do 30-45% WC every 5-8 days

are there any tetras that school in the middle of the tank

most of my fish (besides the pearls) stay towards the bottom in my plants :)
although my silvertip tetras are all over the place

I assumed the livebearers would go all over. My silvertips are everywhere too.
Harlequin rasboras school a bit higher up in the tank. There are also some smaller danios that do too like the glowlight danio (not the same as glofish). I think there are a few more rasboras that stay a bit higher up. A lot of common tetras stay rather low in the tank. I have to think if there are other good ones.

absolutangel04 said:
I assumed the livebearers would go all over. My silvertips are everywhere too.
Harlequin rasboras school a bit higher up in the tank. There are also some smaller danios that do too like the glowlight danio (not the same as glofish). I think there are a few more rasboras that stay a bit higher up. A lot of common tetras stay rather low in the tank. I have to think if there are other good ones.

my livebreaders do go everywhere .. but spend a majority of their time lower in the plants

Sometimes they school around with my rummies for a bit, then they go back to being hyper. They are the most active tetras I have ever had. Lol.

absolutangel04 said:
Sometimes they school around with my rummies for a bit, then they go back to being hyper. They are the most active tetras I have ever had. Lol.

me too... mine go after eachother ALLDAY!! when I first got them I watched them for 2 hours to make sure they were playing not fin nipping

Back
Top Bottom