Compatibility...looking to start a new 60gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LordMatthew34

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all..new to the site. I've been browsing this forum for the past few weeks, and finally decided to register. I'm about to acquire a friends 60gallon high tank and I need a little advice on compatibility for the fish i'd like to put in there...

So basically I plan on starting small and growing these guys out. I'm curious if 2 pacu's, an oscar, and an arrowana would go well together in a 60 gallon. I also think it would be cool to throw a pike in there with them, but i'm not sure if this combination would work or not...

I'm relatively new to the whole aquarium thing, I've had a 20gallon guppy tank, and i'm currently running a 30 gallon with 2 goldfish (sort of a place holder until I move) then i'll re-do it. Won't be starting the 60 until we get into our new place.

Any ideas or pearls of advice about the above fish combination? Thanks in advance...

-Matt

Hi all..new to the site. I've been browsing this forum for the past few weeks, and finally decided to register. I'm about to acquire a friends 60gallon high tank and I need a little advice on compatibility for the fish i'd like to put in there...

So basically I plan on starting small and growing these guys out. I'm curious if 2 pacu's, an oscar, and an arrowana would go well together in a 60 gallon. I also think it would be cool to throw a pike in there with them, but i'm not sure if this combination would work or not...

I'm relatively new to the whole aquarium thing, I've had a 20gallon guppy tank, and i'm currently running a 30 gallon with 2 goldfish (sort of a place holder until I move) then i'll re-do it. Won't be starting the 60 until we get into our new place.

Any ideas or pearls of advice about the above fish combination? Thanks in advance...

-Matt

before u even think about adding fish have u cycled ur tank, if not i highly recommend it especially a fishless cycle...take a look at my signature to cycle ur tank.

Btw welcome to AA....any question you need asked, there are tons of ppl that can help you on here.

again welcome and have fun!!!

welcome, and no, none of those fish will work, even by themselves, they all get way too big for that tank.

Oscars can get up to 14" give or take, and preferably should be in a 75g or larger (18"wide tank)

Pacus and arowanas can be done in indoor tanks, but they have to be much larger, think 6foot long tanks or larger as a starting point.

I don't even have the tank yet. Definitely plan on doing the fishless cycle thing prior to getting any fish in there.

If size were not an issue with the tank would those fish mesh well together? My lfs has tiny little pike and i wouldn't mind growing one out for a few years and then trading it back in for store credit... Or eventually upgrading to something larger to put them in. Still unsure, just curious on compatibility right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom