Compatibility Question!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JerseyGirl1385

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone! I have an established 37g Marineland tank with an aquaclear 50 filter.

I have 4 juvenile angelfish, 2 older platy's, 2 Bloodfin tetras, 3 Cory's ( had 6 but 3 mysteriously died), a bristlenose pleco and 8 platy ( they're not staying, I'm just keeping them to watch them grow).

I got a Blue Ram and he/she is in my 20g long tank alone.... I don't want anymore bc I don't want aggression issues or to breed- would he/she do well in my Angel tank?

Rams and angelfish do fine and are often kept together. Your tetras will do better if you add 4 more and if you can up your cory's again. Another thing is when the angels mature (8 months) and possibly start pairing off you are going to have to watch the tank dynamics. There is a chance you might have to rehome one or two depending on what sexes you end up with. What will help is having alot of plants and make sure the plants/DW/etc are arranged so they can't see from one end of the tank to the other which will also allow for more than one territory in the tank.

Ok great.

Yes I wanted to up the tetra number and the Cory number but I had a lot of mysterious deaths last week after I bought the Cory's from my LFS- never again will I step foot in there.

So I'm waiting for a good shipment of them.
So 6 more tetra's and 3-4 more Cory's? I have 2 panda and 1 peppered ( do they all have to be one kind?)

And yes, I'm prepared to rehome 2 angels if in fact they do pair off. I was told they were 2 1/2 months old when I got them and that was the beginning of September I believe.

4 to 6 tetrea's would be good and honestly I'd get 1 more panda and 2 more peppered. While you can keep different species of cory's they do like to shoal and rest with their own species. They will hang with other species but they do like company of their own kind. I have 5 different species in my 220g but I keep 5-6 of each species. That's a good plan for the angels but maybe if your lucky you'll get one male and three females. I have more females than males with my 13 and one male is a real romeo and breeds with three different females. Not that it hasn't caused issues.. a couple months ago he spawned with one female yet another of his females wanted to help with the eggs too. The girls kept bickering, running each other off so they could tend the eggs and he finally got so frustrated with them both that for a while he wouldn't let either near the eggs. It was actually rather amusing... that's what he gets for having a harem!

Back
Top Bottom