compatibility??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

USMCfishcrzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can I put an arowana in my discus tank. Its a 125g fully planted. I have 7 discus
6 gbr
2 pictus cats
1 powder blue gourami
4 long fin skirts
1 albino Plexiglas
1 rubberlip Plexiglas
1 tiretrack eel

Only reason I ask is I sold one of my 55g to a new hobbyist and his brother in law breeds arowana. I love the look of them.

Sorry auto correct on my phone. I meant plecos. I understand they might eat my gbr which I have another tank for them. But I was just wondering mainly discus and an arrowana

Yes arowana's can be kept with discus, works better with adult fish though. But the real issue is tank space, you don't have a large enough tank to house a arowana long term. With a averse size of three feet or better a 125g won't cut it.

Yes I added a big sponge filter. Also I'm removing some of my fish possibly. Depending on my options on different fish

I personally feel discus should be the star of the show, adding another center piece fish takes away from the overall look and flow of the tank.

I had a silver before. They need to be housed alone until the 8 to 10 inch mark. They are very easily killed any smaller than that. Minimum size is a 8 foot by 3 foot tank. Also it will eat your discus eventually they grow 2 inches a month at least . And if you need 30 percent pwc daily for the fish you have now that would just to 80 percent. Then you have to worry about not if but when he will try to jump out while doing your water change. Having discus is enough of a challenge .jmo but if you really want a silver I would save for a big tank and just keep him alone in it.

Back
Top Bottom