Condy anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should probably also tell you that the condy got huge after we bought that bulb compared to the size he was when we rescued the tank. He has only shriveled up in the past three days.

He will expand and contract from my experience this is like peristalsis/digestion movement. They usually shrink up expel some waste the get big for a while the shrink again, you will get used to your nems patterns. But the lighting is probably going to be an issue, the anemone will probably need more intense lighting. I don't think your nem is near death, but it's not a picture of health either.
Here's mine

View attachment 106680

Saratj1 said:
He will expand and contract from my experience this is like peristalsis/digestion movement. They usually shrink up expel some waste the get big for a while the shrink again, you will get used to your nems patterns. But the lighting is probably going to be an issue, the anemone will probably need more intense lighting. I don't think your nem is near death, but it's not a picture of health either.
Here's mine

Okay. I hope he isn't dying! I love our anemone. I'll keep an eye on it. He had gotten to be about the same size as yours and now he is the size he is in that picture. It isn't eating either. Our clown will take food and practically force it down it's throat and the food just floats back to the top of the tank. :-/

Well when he's shrinking he may not eat (he's trying to poop and he only has one hole) . But my nem has only refused food once, I think I had overfed him, I now only feed him a quarter of a large table shrimp once every week or two and give my CBS the other quarter or else he will steal the nems shrimp, like he's about to do in the pic (notice the small piece of white in the nems mouth and the attention he's getting from the damsel and CBS)

Honestly, I do not think he is shrinking to poop. I've seen him do that. Right now it's as if he can't even close up. He is just hanging (literally) from the side of the rock. He practically has no tentacles and he looks lifeless. His foot is not even fully attached to the rock. Like I said, he is just hanging there.

image-1938195106.jpg

Sorry, but that doesn't look like a pooping nem to me.

MalBurke said:
Honestly, I do not think he is shrinking to poop. I've seen him do that. Right now it's as if he can't even close up. He is just hanging (literally) from the side of the rock. He practically has no tentacles and he looks lifeless. His foot is not even fully attached to the rock. Like I said, he is just hanging there.

Sorry, but that doesn't look like a pooping nem to me.

So I just made a thread about my condy getting stuck in my powerhead this morning. A tip, if it doesn't start looking well you should put it in a new tank or do something with it. Mine wasn't looking good yesterday and now my water is all cloudy and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom