Condy anenome question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had my anenome for about 2 years. been doing very well and on 1 rock the entire time. I recently put in a PH that I think he didnt like so he started moving. Now all he does is hide. He keeps getting smaller and smaller with each passing week. I have tried feeding him but he doesnt seem to like it..(krill or brine). In the process of changing my VHO bulbs that are 8-9 months old. He still looks healthy and good, but very small. He was the size of a large mug base and now is the size of a small drinking glass base...any ideas? All levels are good. Tank is 3+ years old. I have other corals and inverts and all is well with them.

did you move the ph they dont like direct flow and strong lighting did you change your lights? or just replacing old bulbs
could be something bothering it also, are thier any close by corals? mabey change or add some carbon
i wouldnt try feeding it unless it is coming out

I added a PH...at the other end of the tank so I dont know if this caused him to move or not. Also I am just replacing the VHO bulbs. Hes been in there through other light changes. No other corals near by. I dont ever run carbon and just recently started running phosban to lower phosphates. I used to feed him 2 times a week - whole krill! He was huge. I think he is withering away. Maybe its just they dont live long?? Hes 2-3 years old - that I have had him at least.

Actually, Condy's love stong lighting. I would not think it is a lighting problem. The powerhead seems to be the problem. Any change in flow can cause them to even float till they find a good spot. I would let it move until it finds a spot it like again, and it will stay. Right now it is prolly agitated because you changed its environment. Not much you can do other than wait it out. Condy's don't need to be fed often due to it eating the xoozanthellae that grows with it. A treat every once in a while is cool though for a treat.

don't worry too much now, it will come back around shortly.

I really think it was the PH. But I had to do it. I was having issues with small patches of cyno and decided I would try flow to see if this would take care of it.
Yeah I know they dont 'need' to be fed but he sure did gobble it up when I would feed him. Im going to change out the last 2 of my 4 bulbs this weekend. I will have all new bulbs. Changed the previous 2 about 2 weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom