Confused about my live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltymex

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Be had my tank going for about 2 1/2 mo now an just two days ago one and only one... Of my live rock started having bubbles coming out? An only in a certain spot?? Here's the pic

Attachments

• image-2146486857.jpg
    image-2146486857.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1478338380.jpg
    image-1478338380.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 115
Be had my tank going for about 2 1/2 mo now an just two days ago one and only one... Of my live rock started having bubbles coming out? An only in a certain spot?? Here's the pic

Do you have skimmers releasing any micro-bubbles into the tank that just happen to be collecting on those rocks due to water flow, etc?

The bubbles are dead in the middle of the pic.
An I don't have a skimmer. I moved the rocks around a little last night an the bubbles came off but more poped up
All my parameters look fine. I have started to get some algae growth on other rocks.... I don't know if that has anything at all the do with it

I've seen bubbles like that on live rock if there's some algae a' brewin. I blow the rocks with a turkey baster before doing a water change to make sure there aren't any sediments building, and since using RO/DI water, I haven't had a problem with algae and bubbles like that. I also adjusted the flow a little in my tank to make sure there weren't any dead spots where debris could accumulate in the rocks and give algae a place to grow. It could just have been air inside the rock that got disturbed when you moved them. Try a turkey baster or toothbrush (ideally not the one you use yourself ;) ) to break the bubbles, and see if it forms again over 24-48 hours.

Back
Top Bottom