Cool Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
id go for swordtails.there really easy to sex,and yoy can get nice colours.

So you see there, how her fin hangs down in a triangular shape, and his gonopodium is held up close to his body.

I'd have to disagree with allexx because swords get much too large for a 20 gal tank. The only livebearers I would stock in a 20 gal are guppies and platties.

There are many attractive platties out there. The other day at my local petco I became rather fond of the panda and bumble bee, and even easier to find is the red wag, sunset wag, and mickey mouse. Sometimes you will see HiFin versions as well.

Sunset platies are beautiful. I also like the dwarf gourami, the blue or cinnamon type. Pearl gourami is gorgeous, but I'm not sure if it will get too big for your tank. Serape tetras are a colorful bunch as well.

I'm a big fan of German Gold Rams

gold%20ram.jpg

swordtails get too big for a 20? uhoh...

Yeah a 20 high would be much too short and a 20 long wouldn't be great either. They have a significant bio-load and get pretty large. Personally I wouldn't stock them in less than 55 but I think 29 would be OK.

Glofish!!! If is a peaceful community and dwarf gourami. Hillstream/butterfly loach they are so cool you can even see the heartbeat and they don't hide. I have one.

Yes Glo fish and zebra danios are the same fish so even if Glo's are little too expensive for you,you can always get a few and add zebra's to finish your school. If your tank is a 20 long this should be OK, if it's a 20 high I wouldn't go with danio.

Well you want atleast 6 if your tank is big enough. What are the dimensions of your tank?

Checkerboard Barbs (Puntius Oligolepis) are also very attractive fish as well.

puntius-oligolepis.jpg
CheckeredBarb.jpg

When in good condition they truly shine, The red in their fins is really a bold color as are the black highlights on their sides.

If it's a 20 high my advice is to skip the danios. They need length more than height so I would go with a 20 long as a minimum for them.

Glofish are pretty pricey around here. What are you planning on getting so far so we can maybe help with numbers or give you more ideas? Looks like you have gotten a lot of good advice.

Back
Top Bottom