Coolest looking angel fish and good looking tank mates for 125 fw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm partial to koi angels and smokey blues. To go with them, lemon tetras and madascar rainbows. For the bottom dwellers: clown plecos, emerald cory cats, khuli loaches.

In the 125 I would get 2 angels. I would get 1 all black and 1 Koi Angel. As far as tankmates go here's a list tell us if you like any of them.

Harlequin Rasbora
Clown Loach
Bristlenose Pleco
Cory Cats
Silver Dollar
Cardinal Tetra
Lemon Tetra
Cherry Barb
Rosy Barb
Kuhli Loach
Stripped Raphael Catfish
Rainbow Fish
Clown Pleco
Rhino Pleco

In the 125 I would get 2 angels. I would get 1 all black and 1 Koi Angel. As far as tankmates go here's a list tell us if you like any of them.

Harlequin Rasbora
Clown Loach
Bristlenose Pleco
Cory Cats
Silver Dollar
Cardinal Tetra
Lemon Tetra
Cherry Barb
Rosy Barb
Kuhli Loach
Stripped Raphael Catfish
Rainbow Fish
Clown Pleco
Rhino Pleco

Clown loaches do not go with Angelfish. Clowns need warmer water and extremely high current and oxygen levels. Angels need cooler, calmer water. Not a good mix. Get more appropriate loaches like Botia histrionica.

Clown loaches do not go with Angelfish. Clowns need warmer water and extremely high current and oxygen levels. Angels need cooler, calmer water. Not a good mix. Get more appropriate loaches like Botia histrionica.

Angels do fine in warmer water. Mine lives in a tank that is 82 constantly. But yes they do need calm water. How about some hoplo catfish for the bottom. They get bigger than cories but school like them.

Yah I have seen so many times tanks with clown loaches and angelfish. They like current but they really don't require it like hillstream loaches. Angels do fine in Warmer water to. You can have 78 degree water and both will be fine.

I see no problem with this as long as the tank is large enough.

Black Angel (Pterophyllum sp.)
Black Angel
View larger image
Due to variations within species, your item may not look identical to the image provided.
QUICK STATS
Minimum Tank Size: 30 gallons
Care Level: Easy
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Water Conditions: 75-82° F, KH 1-5, pH 5.8-7.0
Max. Size: 6"
Color Form: Black, Blue, Silver
Diet: Omnivore
Origin: Tank Bred
Family: Cichlidae

Clown Loach (Botia macracantha)
Clown Loach
View larger image
Due to variations within species, your item may not look identical to the image provided.
QUICK STATS
Minimum Tank Size: 100 gallons
Care Level: Moderate
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Water Conditions: 72-86° F, KH 8-12, pH 6.0-7.5
Max. Size: 1'
Color Form: Black, Orange, Red, Tan
Diet: Omnivore
Origin: Indonesia
Family: Cobitidae

Looks to me like that's pretty compatible. Angels can adapt easily to a higher PH so if you like clowns you should be fine.

They may be compatible but I'd say a 125 is too small considering clown loaches like to be in groups. Botia angelicus would be a better option. I really like gold angelfish

Somebody's never been on a loach forum. :cool:

Angels and clowns can be kept at the same temp. Angels have a range that includes the same range as clowns. notice, range. Within the same temp zones. Also, neither are too aggressive for the other. Clowns do like more flow than angels, BUT, some angels also like to play in the out flow of filters. It is very do-able for long term.

Oh and yeah, I am on loach forums as well and I've had my clowns actively spawning (yeah, not sure what I did) for the last 2 years.

Yeah uhmm I have done extensive research on clowns and just like dragonfish said they can easily live with angels.

I have a 50 g with 2 AF & 6 Yoyo (well, one may be a Zebra, little mix up at the LFS ) & it s all harmony, rainbows & unicorns in there. Happy & healthy fish. Just saying.

You could do more then 2 angels in a 125g. I would do 3, 2 koi, and 1 all black. Rams, keyholes, festivum, and rainbow cichlids are all compatible if you want a mixed up cichlid tank. Then some stratia botia to finish it off.

Back
Top Bottom