Copper harequins with missing right eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Colman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I'm new to keeping fish, tank was started 24th Dec so still on a steep learning curve. Tank was properly cycled before adding fish (part on back from local fish shop) and have tried to add fish in batches. Trying to follow best practice and although have lost several fish tended to be 1-2 at a time and infrequent so hope this is bad luck rather than gross incompetence

Come in tonight to find my three copper harlequins each missing their right eye.... This has freaked me out !!!! (all three with the same eye missing and the left intact?!) All seem to be swimming around fine? Have moved them to a starter tank we have. Assume they have been attacked but unsure by what as they are established and never seen them bullied by others. Last fish we added was over a fortnight ago (2 corys, two female gourami, two silver sharks, one Ram) lost one of the gouramis ( stressed by existing male perhaps?)

Other fish: 8 guppies, 1 Siamese flighting, 5 cherry barbs, 2 red balloon platys, 5 cardinal tetras, 1 large shrimp, 1 dwarf male gourami, 3 other gory/ cat fish.

Any ideas? Can't get over all three loosing the same eye since breakfast !!! ( cue twilight zone music)

Col

Oh it's a Juwel rio 180 litres, came as a kit with their bioflo filter & heater,tropical, live planting, fine substrate

Back
Top Bottom