Coral Banded Shrimp not moving.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeriousDude5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a coral banded shrimp and I havnt seen the thing move for about a week. He just sort of hides out on a rock in the back where noone can see him. Is he just being shy or is there something wrong? I have seen him moving his claws and wiskers but not really his legs. Does anyone lse that has a silly shrimp like mine? Let me know if there a problem. Also are they nocturnal and do most of the moving at night?

Revhtree it is deffenetly not his malt. because it is moving some parts of its body. :Claws, and Antenas: And I forgot to mention sometimes he turns about 90 degrees but no more. Think he just likes his spot?

mine had his hangout spot that he rarely left during the day unless it was for food. wait till tonight and see if he moves around the tank then. they are mostly noctournal, and will become quite active at night.

-Matt

I watched him for about 3 min. last night he was moving but just around the rock he stays on. Didnt really leave it. Since my tank is fishless right nmow I dont feel but prehaps I will drop a few pellets in to see what happens.

oh yeah you need to feed those guys. They do scavenge a bit, but they really rely on being feed. they will eat frozen foods. Mine really loved Forumla one frozen. Go get the food today and start feeding him ASAP

I just got my shrimp a few days ago. I dropped in some fish food ( I don't have fish yet either) And he came out, gathered up the food and took it with him back to his hiding spot. He is so cute, I wish he would come out more. :?

he will come out more when he gets more comfortable. they are nice, but if they do not have alot of room, they can get mean. I had to get rid of mine because he was chasing my new Coral Beauty Angel around the tank.

I have had mine for like 2 years now and he never comes out. The few times I seen him was at night when he was hungry. He hasnt grone much so I think Im gona get some frozen food for him.

Back
Top Bottom