Coral catshark egg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coral catshark egg (Atelomycterus Marmoratus)

The shark pup hatched early this morning about 3 sum. It's healthy but hasn't ate yet. Tried about 30 mins ago & didn't attempt to eat. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks AA community.:)

Attachments

• 20180418_184039.jpg
    20180418_184039.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 20180418_184013.jpg
    20180418_184013.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 20180418_181934.jpg
    20180418_181934.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 184
Awesome. Glad to see it came out. It’s probably still digesting the yolk. I would just keep offering it food. It should eat soon. I think when mine hatched I didn’t have any ghost shrimp right then. May have been a day or two till I got some. But he loved them for sure.

Awesome. Glad to see it came out. It’s probably still digesting the yolk. I would just keep offering it food. It should eat soon. I think when mine hatched I didn’t have any ghost shrimp right then. May have been a day or two till I got some. But he loved them for sure.

Thanks for the advice. Going out tomorrow and grab some ghost shrimp & some squid.

Congrats on the hatch. ZZ has been spot on so I too would give it a couple of days before panicking about feeding. You might want to try dimming the light some as well as feeding closer to nighttime as many sharks are night time feeders. (y)

If you can get the silverside or whatever on a chopstick or something so you can wiggle it, might help. I recall some years ago someone having more luck with starting feeding when it thought it was still alive.

If you can get the silverside or whatever on a chopstick or something so you can wiggle it, might help. I recall some years ago someone having more luck with starting feeding when it thought it was still alive.

The LFS didn't have any feeder shrimp. The pup will take it sometimes but spit it back out. Is this a good or bad sign. Thanks for the info or future info you may give me.

Back
Top Bottom