Coral ID please? :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'v had these frags in my tank for a while, got them as part of a swap.. unsure exactly what they are, but they're doing well and growing well.. just curious to see what they are.

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• coral.jpg
    coral.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 74
Are you sure they are doing well? The 1 in the back looks like a birdsnest and I see alot of bleaching/tissue loss on a few branches. The 1 on the front is some type of acro (impossible to say exactly with it so small yet) but I also see some bleaching at the base and 1 of the branches.

Are you sure they are doing well? The 1 in the back looks like a birdsnest and I see alot of bleaching/tissue loss on a few branches. The 1 on the front is some type of acro (impossible to say exactly with it so small yet) but I also see some bleaching at the base and 1 of the branches.

The bigger one on the right actually has tips growing ( picture is a little blurry) and the base is encrusting from what I can tell, as the tips that branched off then filled in a more orange/purple color, it seems to be doing well. Its grown a lot since I've put it in.

The smaller frag I did notice has a small bleached spot on the left, I think its from when I grabbed it and repositioned it ( with glue and putty) after it fell. Its been opening up pretty well. The right side doesnt have tissue loss at all, compaired to the one spot. I think its the lighting.. I see in this picture it looks like it, but in the tank its only the far left spot. I dont have the best of camaras.

They're both about midway up the tank, should they be moved?

Back
Top Bottom