CORAL ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hammer fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two of these and the were brown all over now started to go white from the base only brown on the tips what are they and are they still ok thanks please help

image-2399594655.jpg

Looks like a birdsnest of some type in very rough shape. The white is it either bleaching or dying.

Ok thanks how can I fix it up I have now moved to to sand bed this morning as I thought it my be to close to the light thanks again new to this

Cut the living flesh off and glue it to the rock. make sure you don't cut any of the dead off with it.

If it is what I said then its a sps piece so it does require fairly high lighting and strong flow but to have it bleach or die that quickly I would doubt would be due to low lighting or flow so my next thought would be the acclimation process. How did you acclimate and how are your parameters? Sps require the cleanest water of all the corals for the most part and don't handle fast changes well at all.

I dripped tank water in over an hour or so and water seems to be good had it in my tank for about 2 weeks before it started going like this Mr x not a lot of live flesh on there to worry about but thanks for that

I don't drip any corals actually. I just float the bags then drop them right in. It seems to work fine. That's called RTN (rapid tissue necrosis). Google it.

Back
Top Bottom