Coral ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zer0

is back to save the day!
So check this out guys. Went to my LFS to grab a couple pieces of live rock to seed my base rock, and so i picked out a couple coralline packed, nice looking rocks. I just happened to get a rock that had a weird looking coral skeleton on it. Didn't care, it had coralline and was cured so i grabbed it.

So, about two days ago i was just looking over my tank and i noticed these little clear polyp looking things popping out of the skeleton. I was pretty astonished considering this rock looked completely bleached, other than a few patches of coralline. I don't know what these little polyps are, but they seem to be popping out of the other parts of the skeleton little by little.. so i think they may be making a recovery.

Anyways, here's the best picture i could get of them. My camera is garb and these little polyps have no color, and are super small, so they're hard to even see let alone capture it on camera. I honestly don't know what it looks like.. but the skeleton looks there's little stalks, and then the polyps are on the end. Anyone have any ideas?

You can locate the skeleton almost near the middle of the picture. Think it could be zoas?

2qjfxq0.jpg

They look like bleached zoas in time they may color up for you ... will be intresting :D

Yeah haha, it will be pretty interesting to see what they come out to be. I know for sure they are not aiptasia because they look nothing like those demon nems. Sorry about the picture but that's the best i can do since they're so small and have no color. I'll try and take more pics later on when/if they color up or spread so we can better identify them.

I dont go by "brand" names on them I go for pretty get em if you can support them :p

Back
Top Bottom