Coral id's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikalicious209

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 I don't kno exactly what they are, first one is an lps? Maybe a lobo?

ForumRunner_20130221_222844.jpg
Second one is sps? Its the one in the front, not the acro

ForumRunner_20130221_223102.jpg

Hes upset I think cause I just put him in there about 1 or 2 hrs before photo. I got both as frags from work for 9 bucks a piece, but knew very little about them. There is a spot on the small head of the lobo that the tissue is receding. How can I heal this?

Hes upset I think cause I just put him in there about 1 or 2 hrs before photo. I got both as frags from work for 9 bucks a piece, but knew very little about them. There is a spot on the small head of the lobo that the tissue is receding. How can I heal this?

Proper water conditions and lighting. Make sure to drip and then light acclimate your corals. It will help prevent this in the future. It'll take time.

I would get that head showing skeleton out of the sand for starters. The second pic appears to be pocillopora.

My lighting should be good, 2 19wt panorama leds and 2 10 wt cfl 50/50. I moved the lobo up in my tank and within a day he looks so much better. Tissue is going back over skeleton and a lot more color has come out. Will get a pic asap on current condition.

I think the second one is called birds nest but that's obv not the scientific name
I have a similar one

Back
Top Bottom