Coral only Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think I'll steer clear of the hermits. I hear and read more negatives than positives about them. I also want a pistol shrimp eventually. I have 1 in my 14 that snaps all night long. That's the only way I know it's still around. Entertaining in an odd sort of way. Having 1 in my other tank will b twice the fun. Haha. I'm going to wait until my tank matures before buying another. I have no clue what he eats. There's no waste after feeding. Must be an excellent scavenger.

Should be carnivorous. You could have reefcleaners.org make you a custom crew for your tank.

Never heard of them. I'll have to check em out. In the meantime, I picked up 2 Emeralds today

Almost forgot. Pistols r omnivores. Though they do lean toward the carnivore side. And they r great scavengers fm all that I've read. I know this first hand. Mine keeps going. But I have no idea what he eats. All my snails are accounted for. At first I thought he might be dining on them. I lost a few awhile back. But I haven't lost any in a long time

I had one once and it ate its goby friend lol. They were best friends for almost a year. The pistol would dig holes and the goby would sit outside the hole. Then one day there was only the pistol and no goby :(

I had a watchman at 1 time. Hoped they would pair up. Don't think the Goby ever found the pistol. It stays out of the main viewing area, so I never know what it's up to. The watchman met its demise one day when I was doing maint. and left the lid open.

Think I need to let my tank mature before introducing any more inverts. Found 1 of my new Emeralds belly up today. It wasn't a shed.

Oh no.. :( I found a great way to get the mp10 wireless cheaper. If your still interested in it send me a pm.

As much as I hate to admit it, I might have rushed the acclimation process a bit. I know better

With it being coral only it might not do the initial big cycle like our fish systems and instead do several small or one long cycle. You could look into getting a bacteria culture to add to the tank to speed it up. I use Dr. Tims quick cycle

Thanks. I did give that some thought when I first added RO/DI water to this tank. I simply used the water fm my biocube after a water change to help the cycling process. Did it a couple times. Pretty sure it cycled. I'm not big on constantly testing. I just know enough not to rush things. I pay for top of the line testing kits. Both FW and SW. Then never use them

Well, the Pocillopora SPS I bought, actually is growing. The tips definately are showing signs of growth. The LFS was amazed when I showed him pics. I only bought it a couple weeks ago. I've been feeding the tank Oyster Feast, but only a few drops a day. My hammer coral was showing signs of suffering. The tips were losing color and he wasn't fully extending. After the LFS recommended decreasing the intensity of the light fm 70 to 40% for the well being of the Torch, I've noticed the hammer fully extending today. It's set to a natural cycle between 11:00am and 11:00 pm. The peak comes at 5:00 pm. My main concern is whether the SPS will suffer. The LFS assures me it won't. It's still pretty bright even at the new setting. 1 thing I don't like about the Radion that is barely worth mentioning, is the fact that it doesn't photograph well. Too blue. It isn't noticeable when your just looking at the tank. Sure does show up in pics though.
Cool SPS, (y).

Saw something interesting just as the lights were fading last night. What I thought were sweepers coming out of my Torch Corals. Now, I've seen sweepers fm my hammer before and these looked nothing like that. Long brown strands swaying in the current. Only after these strands broke off and drifted away that I knew these weren't sweepers. I then had an idea what it was but couldn't find good info online. I took video but didn't think to take still pics that could be posted here. I searched YouTube and got a chuckle when I found an identical video under Torch Coral Pooping. Ha Ha. Corals r my favorites of anything SW. Each seems to have moods, needs, almost any trait you can find in inverts and fish

My Golden Torch, Zoanthid and Hammer. The Zoanthid encrusted rock, I picked up yesterday for $35. Any other place I frequent charges $10 for small frags. I could get 20 frags fm this rock alone. Lucky break on corals for a change

Almost forgot the pics. lol

Attachments

• image-3743414634.jpg
    image-3743414634.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 133
  • image-241355593.jpg
    image-241355593.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 137
  • image-3594158593.jpg
    image-3594158593.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 123
Nice radioactive dragon eyes, and are there some hornets mixed in the middle? Cant wait to see everything one it starts encrusting and growing :D

Don't know how u can c that on the pic I posted but there r about 5 types growing on this rock and several individuals with some pretty exotic coloring. A couple individuals have bleached and I'm afraid they're gone for good. I'm chalking it up to injury while transporting them and not some disease. I also have what I believe is a small sponge encrusted with a few Zoas on the belly side of this rock. I've read where this isn't unusual and there is a sort of symbiotic relationship with the sponge gaining the most benefit. I'll b watching this closely. Sounds like u would know more about it than me

I'll show my friends the pic of the zoa's and see what he thinks. He has a 12g devoted to his rare and exotic zoa's. Did your mp10w arrive yet?

Not yet. Any info u can come up with will b much appreciated. As always. And I can get a pic of the sponge if ur friend wants to c it. Thanks

My new toy arrived today! Can't wait to configure my new MP10w ES into my Radion lighting program. I'll b making storms of the century every 20 minutes. Ha Ha Haaaaaa!

Back
Top Bottom