coral problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hickscg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, I have had my taqnk going for about 8 months now and all off a sudden im having problems with some of my corals i have my water tested at my lfs frequently just to make sure im reading the tests right my watear is pefect it seems nitrates 0 calcium 400-450 good alkalinity but all of a sudden my frogspawn only comes out a lil bit not like it did the first few months i had it i t has plenty of light and med flow any ideas of what could be wrong or what i can check for? thank you in advance

Welcome to AA!!! In order to help figure it out, please post the following info:
SG:
Temp:
pH:
Ammonia:
Nitrate:
Nitrite:
Calcium:
Alkalinity:
Tank Size:
Fish:
Inverts:
Other Corals:
Lighting:
Filtration:

Could be a number of things. Fish could be nipping at it, Not enough light, Inverts could be harassing it, water quality issues, neighbor corals could be stinging it or it just may be acting like an LPS coral.
My Frogspawn, Hammer, Trumpet, Open Brain corals all go through periods where they only inflate a little or not at all. Try giving it a few days.

Do you add any chemicals to the tank? (ie. Buffers or Supplements)
What do you feed the tank? (Frozen, Flake or Pellet)
What kind of Salt Mix do you use? Do you let it sit for 24hrs with a powerhead and heater to airate and mix fully?
Do you use RO/DI water? How do you Top Off evaporate?

I agree if you could answer Marcs questions I think it would help us tremendously.

Back
Top Bottom