coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry not good well my led light i just bought is a aquabeam 600 in blue, the t5 light is wot come with the tank i bought which is 1 bulb 13w white 10000k looks like a liggt u find under ur kitchen wall units, its a 40 litre plasma aquaruim

Well, the light that came with your tank doesn't sound like a T5...but more like compact florescent. The aquabeam puts out just a tad more power than a compact florescent as per their website. So basically, you have some expensive moonlighting. With those 2 lights, it might be possible to house some basic soft corals, mushrooms and such. But without some high output lighting, you won't be able to keep any corals that require even medium lighting.

Right ok thanks :) what if i replace the t5 light with a white aquabeam 600 led will that be ok then? So ill have 2 aquabeam 600's 1 white 1 blue are my timings right i put up to. Thanks

Basically, replacing the light you have with another aquabeam wouldn't do anything. The aquabeam is basically the same light output. You need a high output light.

What size tank do you have? What kind of coral are you wanting to keep?

Its 40litres and dont now what coral really as aint got much room cause its a picture frame, i wouldnt mind putting 1 on my rock or something any suggestions

Ok, some zoas and ricordea. Good beginner soft corals. They should do well under the lighting you currently have. I would avoid any LPS or SPS though, they require more light than your setup can currently put out. Also, your lighting won't be able to support any anemones. If you stick to the mushrooms and zoas you will be just fine.

Ok cool thank you :) in the shop i go to they feed there coral with a orange liquid stuff do i need any feed for my corals then

LPS is large stony polyp. Think brain coral, frogspawn.
SPS is small stony polyp. They require large amounts of light.

If you check out liveaquaria.com you can search around and research into corals. They have it broken down into the LPS, SPS that I said you should avoid and into soft which is some of the corals you would be able to keep successfully under that lighting. They also break it down into their specific needs as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom