corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian242pa

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys as some of you know i ordered a brand new light, it is a 4 bulb t5. i was thinking of getting lps corals, softies, and maby 1 sps tell me what u think of what is compatable with this lighting

How deep is your tank?

I don't think you'll have any problems with softies, and most LPS should be okay. Not sure about SPS as I haven't done any of those myself.

I have found a lot has to do with the quality of the bulbs themselves.

I have a 4 bulb t5 with ati bulbs without individual reflectors and have kept everything from mushrooms and zoos to birdsnest corals and anemones happily.

I have a single reflector but found ATT T5 bulbs make a big difference I have one special purple, and special blue and 2 12k whites. I have good growth on the sps, softies and lps corals.

I had nothing but sucess with my ATI's in my 55g, 2 aquablue specials and 2 blue specials. :)

In fact I'm waiting til tomorrow and installing all new bulbs in my 12 bulb 6 foot light fixture on my 125g. Woot!
went with
6 aquablue specials
4 Blue plus
2 purple plus

I'm hoping the purple ones bring out the reds more and still give me that beautiful blue I love so much

You should be fine getting most any coral you want. What do you like?

Zooas are easy and cheap and so are leathers. Then there are the flowy lps like torches, (love my torch, looks like a nem without the bother) lol

i know leathers will be fine and everything but i like frogspawn, yellow tip torch, but i really like the aussie war coral. But i need to get some african blue hornets, they wont have any prblem with my lighting because they are zoas not sps

and i saw u post on my thread about 30" light, if you ever need a light for u 30" i would sell you mine, its not the BEST but absolutly nothing wrong with it.

carey said:
I had nothing but sucess with my ATI's in my 55g, 2 aquablue specials and 2 blue specials. :)

In fact I'm waiting til tomorrow and installing all new bulbs in my 12 bulb 6 foot light fixture on my 125g. Woot!
went with
6 aquablue specials
4 Blue plus
2 purple plus

I'm hoping the purple ones bring out the reds more and still give me that beautiful blue I love so much

Carey you don't run any daylight spectrum and your fine??

Should I add corals one at a time or can I go all at once, in 2 weeks I want to get fire shrimp

As long as your tank is cycled you can add coral I usually end up adding a few at a time without a problem.

Ya same but I want to do something "according to the rules" lol ty I am going to add like 3

Back
Top Bottom