Corn snakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Always always buy from a reputable breeder. Ask lots of questions at expos, im not a big buy reptiles from pet shops kinda guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I agree with you. I've gone to look at pet store snakes and most of them look anemic. I haven't been to my reptile expo in quite a while ill make it a point to do so.

Whoa, atopsy?I love my fish, but I would feel too bad disassembling my catfish's body under a microscope lol. Pretty cool though.

Nils

My sister works in a vets office and her boss specialized on snakes. So my sister got him to autopsy it for free. I wanted to know if it was my fault.

Reptiles and amphibians can have tons of issues. Unfortunately there are a lot of bad breeders who just keep inbreeding and inbreeding and never being in "fresh genetics" and there can be health issues.

Expos are awesome- aside from usually a better price there are lots of options where at a petstore it's usually w couple from the same clutch and most likely the same health issues

I may not get another snake at all. I'm really busy at the moment but if I do get a snake I will be sure to come back this thread and post!

If I got a corn snake would it have to eat larger rodents as it grew or could keep feeding pinkies all through out its life?

You'd have to feed it larger rodents as it grew.

Are there any snakes that can eat pinkies throughout their whole life?

Well some of the smaller ones might but I don't know of the breed that would

I fed my patch nose pinkies for a full year and it thrived. I guess you could feed the corn snake pinkies it whole life but you would have to increase the amount per meal. Or would that still not work?

I guess technically that would work but it's a lot more work thawing more mice

Im pretty sure corn snakes will only eat rodents. I've never had one that ate insects

Back
Top Bottom